Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The Good Ole Days :-)

I never met either of my grandfathers @ shaz51 one died overseas when I was 5 the other died 28 years before born cos couldn’t afford to go to dr even tho he had a good job apparently

ha ha @Zoe7, yes grand dad used to say " you catch it" , " you clean it" and grand ma will cook it Smiley Very Happy

We used to look for 1967 and 1968 1c pieces @Zoe7 cos they were rare apparently. Shillings were still around about 1970 cos similar to 10c piece. I used a florin to pay for a joy flight when I might have been 8 tops even tho they were long out of circulation

Surprisingly both my grandparents shared the cooking in their house. Pop would always make breakfast for Nan - cup of tea (from a pot not a teabag) and toast. They made the best Sunday roasts and Nan always made an apple pie for me even if they had another dessert - apple pie and meringue were all that I would eat lol @Shaz51

I only knew one granddad and grandma @TAB, and they passed away when i was 15 and 16

We used pennies as play money when I was young - I wasn't born until 1970 so when I knew about money it was decimal currency @TAB I still have a whole bunch of pennies stashed somewhere also.

cup of tea (from a pot) ohh yes grandma always had it from a tea pot @Zoe7

Pop made tea in a tea pot until the day he died - there was a pot of tea on the bench when I found him. Everything was set up for his breakfast - his toast, his tea and his paper @Shaz51 Smiley Sad

I loved grandma`s cooking @Zoe7, she showed me how to make brownies  and she showed me how to make a jacket but my teacher said it was no good and i had to unpick it all -- owww yeaaa right , my grandma is a better sewing person than you i said

Well you must have been rich then @Zoe7 lol we used to find pennies in dirt on farm not that many tho lol well farmers are tight a’s sorry I grew up in ideal free wonderland on farm til realised how far father and fambly were under the yoke. Ie he was just a donkey or if a donkey could have done his work they would have got one instead. Yet when weather goes bad they cry??? ... perhaps go and work for a wage .. like your donkeys did.......
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance