Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

thanks @frog  you too, just off to shops here. I imagined you were going to see soccer other night didnt realise it was olympics and on tv lol

gues you are in sydney or somewhere @Anastasia  people always seemed more australian there on past trips ok a long long time ago, well 10 years ago working in Hunter people sounded like paul hogan lol

Am from SA originally, people sometimes accuse me of being from NZ re accent ha

yeah well its survival I guess. and govt didnt want lockdown so fiddled around

a few more things to hand in and thats 1/5th of course lol then the original plan was to change to face to face for the rest of it, I began doing it online after finding out next course local didnt start til october, so felt wanted to be doing something besides waiting which is most of what I do lol

Proud of you @TAB 

Yeah Sydney, was SA born very fond of it. 💞

Hey @TAB hope youre doing ok.

I read you are having health issues. No good man. Its part and parcel of getting older I'm afraid Heart

I did not feel old until I hit 50 and after that have been noticing ways in which I have to be more kind to my body's limitations.

But yes, getting old is very demoralising!

Yes slippery slope from 52 ish here then off a cliff last 2 years @SmilingGecko
Wasnt looking after myself changed a few things but still can't keep upThanks
Thought heart trouble found clots in lungs easter then thyroid problem found same time. Still getting investigated/treated

Yeah I might end up back there. Can't afford to live there really @Anastasia way more work here if ever am up to it again lol z

@TAB yes similar here.  No good. 

I think its best to try and stay in good spirits as much as possible.

I know its hard to look for the positive and it does make you wonder whether its worth trying...

Don't know about the term ageing gracefully but I'm doing my best!!!! LOL 

Yeah I know it just gets a bit much sometimes @SmilingGecko takes more effort to get less/no result seems

Yes - please tag me @MDT 

I do need to take time out sometimes - I give a lot of myself here and when my own life-issues mount up as they do sometimes I need to take time for myself but that doesn't mean I don't care - I believe I am a better forumite because I do care for myself first.

You ask "What is life anymore?" - aw - you are so young. Life is more than the sum of it's parts and the lockdown, the virus, teststeststests - etc - vaccine availability, uncertainity and of course - the virus - won't go on forever. There is life on the other side of all the uncertainty. We will get there - most of us.

When I was a kid my grandmother harped on endlessly about The Spanish Flu Pandemic. Also both World Wars, The Depression, The Titanic and the Police Strike in 1923. I am sure there were other things but I can tell you I grew up in the wake of all of this and even have some memories of WW2 - it was a dark period of history and it is past and I have no doubt people asked the same question - "What is life anymore?" - of course. But we have had it pretty good since - and it will be better again

Feel encouraged - I try to - I hope I will get back to Queensland in the future - my last birthday makes me feel pretty old now but I still hope. If I can't get back in my lifetime I have my memories. 

We are all worth more than the lockdown - that's why we have it. That is a brilliant and original thought

Great to see you Hamza

Dec

good evening @frog@SmilingGecko@TAB@Owlunar@Anastasia@Peri@Emelia8 

busy day today shopping in the big city 

picking out something to wear to my step D1 wedding Smiley Very Happy

getting there @Eve7 , @Former-Member , @Smc@Faith-and-Hope@Zoe7@Snowie@eth@Mazarita@Meowmy@Appleblossom@Scoo 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance