Skip to main content

Re: What does your forums' name mean?

I should be asleep @greenpea been awake for hour now. Think try to get back to sleep

Thanks @Determined @Peri and @Fluttershy1 for sharing the origins of your names. I find it so interesting. There's so much to learn!

And @Sans911 , @Bill16 , @TideisTurning , @Former-Member @RiverSeal ,I'm curious to know about your usernames too (only if you don't mind sharing).

tyme

Hello @tyme Bill sort of sounds like my nickname and 16 is the number I used to wear when I played footy

my name...lostandalone.... is how I feel most of the time.... lost and very alone....

I can be in a room full of people and feel alone....

Despite having lots of people in my corner who love me I feel misunderstood and unsupported...

I no longer feel like I am the person I used to be so I am lost... 

I dont know what to do

I dont know where to turn

I am not important..

@tyme my isn't creative at all.

I was born in 1958 and the day I joined the forums I had just heard a song called Scream by Zoegirl. 

I'm with you @tyme - where forum names come from is super interesting! For me, TideisTurning initially came from a few different song lyrics, including this song by Owl City and this one from Kate Miller Heidke. I try my best to have that same hopeful optimistic outlook as Owl City, and the kind of determination inherent in Kate's song 😊Also, things might be hard now, but they won't necessarily be that way forever. The tide will turn 😊

My profile picture with the lighthouse comes from something I was taught about supporting others- as supporters, we are kind of like a lighthouse in a storm, a calm and steady base to help shine light and guide the way when the seas might be dark and rough. 

@Adge & @HenryX, I'm curious about where your usernames originated if you feel comfortable sharing 😊 Henry, is it HenryX or more like Henry the 10th, similar to HenryVII of England? 😊

Thanks for sharing so openly @Lostandalone 
I can relate to feeling very similar at times myself.
For me, I think finding people who might have similar interests or outlooks to things have helped me along the way. And it hasn’t been without having to challenge myself to take some risks around making connections. I realise that there are certain types of people who will bring this type of feeling on more strongly than others & I try not to spend too much time around those people when I have the choice. 

I wonder, have you got someone you might be able to explore this with further? in regards to gaining some understanding around those feelings of being lost & alone.

Everyone is very different & in saying that, also around what might suit them, but I know that has helped me a lot in seeing where these ideas have maybe stemmed from or for example having a bad experience has shaped my view on certain things. 

I can very much understand where you're coming from 
🧡

Hello @TideisTurning  and @tyme , @Scream58 , @Lostandalone , @Bill16 and other members visiting this thread

Henry is an old nickname that is no longer used among my present group of friends and family. The "X" partly represents an unknown quantity, as in algebraic functions, that seemed to mesh with the concept of anonymity. However, a few members, particularly @MDT, in good humour, connect the "X" with the Roman numeral for the number 10 and hence, Henry the 10th.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Thanks, @tyme for the invite to share my Forums name!

It does actually have significance for me and it's a little special, to be honest. I live near a river and we have from time to time seals that find their way quite far upriver. It's really cool to be walking by the river and seeing and hearing a seal fishing and generally sealing around (haha). 

My area holds a lot of meaning in my recovery and how I live my life so the seals add a little bit of something unique that is really nice. When I was in the process of becoming a Peer Support Worker I could see that people had these cool names in the Forums and I preplanned mine as part of that process. A seal was around in the river during this time and I was out walking and thought of the Forums name. 

It was a pretty exciting time and I have fond memories of how I faced the challenges of returning to work and handling uncertain times.

Hope this provides a good explanation for everyone in the Forums.

RiverSeal

@Scream58 ,

You may not think your username is creative, but it sure has a unique story behind it! That's what makes it all the more interesting!

Thank you for sharing!