Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

@Birdofparadise8, your doctor would be the best person to talk to. There is a difference between mania and just being in a good mood. Maybe keeping a mood diary would help. I also don't think it's unusual to have short bouts of not feeling depressed even in major depressive disorder, I think the criteria is that you feel depressed most of the time.

More information on bipolar can be found here: https://www.sane.org/information-and-resources/facts-and-guides/bipolar-disorder

I talked to my GP she said we need to wait and see what the psychiatrist says first and go from there so I’ll just have to wait I guess. 

How are you going @creative_writer 

@Birdofparadise8, you're still fairly young, so best to keep an on things. Sometimes bipolar starts off with depression. I only experienced mood switching from AD when I was 19.

I am exhausted, the assignment fried my brain. I just hope the deep depression doesn't sink in anytime soon and remains more manageable. Still waking up not wanting to start the day though. Maybe it's automatic for me now, I wake up remembering what I don't want to remember.

I've been doing some research, and they say people my age can first have depression and just not have a manic episode yet and don't nessacerily work with antidepressants and that's definitely been me. 

I hope you can get some rest tonight, then @creative_writer

@Birdofparadise8, you can have a manic episode at your age. I first experienced hypo mania at 19. Everyone responds to ADs differently.

I don't think I am manic, though or hypomanic. 

Like I've started to feel sad again since class as I got anxious when the teacher asked me a question I didn't know, and now I feel the spiral developing. I think that triggered me to now being depressed again. 

What is classed as hypomania, though, if you have had it from experience? I just don't fully understand it all, @creative_writer. My aunt has thrown a bit of a curve, ball lol. 

@Birdofparadise8, during my hypomanic episodes I would feel elevated, not sleep much, had racing thoughts, very talkative, showed impulsive behaviours-like I used to overspend, goal orientated beh so took on huge workloads, sometimes I would get agitated or irritable, I also convinced myself I was invincible.

Right, okay, do you have bipolar one or two, @creative_writer

Sorry to ask so many questions; I am just trying to get my head around all this. 

@Birdofparadise8, the type hasn’t actually been diagnosed, but I reckon BP2. On my medical file it just says Bipolar disorder.

Right okay, @creative_writer

I'll just have to wait, I guess, and find out. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance