Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need to vent

Hi my friends 

@Owlunar @Emelia8 @Anastasia @Shaz51 @MDT @saltandpepper abd others 

day one wasn't a great day.

1.  I arrived at reception to be admitted. Receptionist just pointed to where I had to go instead of walking me to the ward. I got lost along the way and was getting overwhelmed. Even though I know the hospital the mental health ward is a completely new building so I didn't know how to get there. 
2.  The nurse who admitted me didn't show me around the new ward. 
3.  Urine sample she left on table all afternoon until night nurse saw it and I had to do another one. 
4. I had to ask another nurse where do I make coffee. She then showed me around the whole ward. 
5 today my lunch dessert was frozen!! So I told the kitchen lady who collected my tray. She said that wasn't good enough. 

the nurse unit manager snd program co-ordinator who both know me for years came to say hi. I told them my issues and said it's ok for me because I know the staff and familiar with hodpital but it's not good for a new patient who's never been here before. They would feel totally lost snd overwhelmed. The nurse manager thanked me for my feedback on issues and she will sort it out. 

I've been in my room a lot sleeping and knitting. 

hubby just arrived so I'm going now for a coffee. 

Ok hubby has gone niw. 
abd tiday I also emailed legal aid to get advice whether I was sacked unfairly and discriminated. I just want to know. 
@Owlunar @Emelia8 @Anastasia @Shaz51  

Hi @BlueBay
A lot in your world - the hospital stuff I can relate to.
Been there myself.

I hope legal aid gice you answers. They are pretty good from my experience when I used to work in the court system.

wow my sister @BlueBay , sitting with you and givig you big hugs Heart

Good to hear from you @BlueBay 💕

Sounds like you are settled in now and making some progress with things.  Good idea to get advice from legal aid too.

Sending a big hug through to you and also a bunch of flowers to brighten your room.  I hope you have a vase there.

Emelia 💕🤗

Image result for bunch of flowers

Oh Em they're beautiful @Emelia8 @thank you 

@Shaz51 thank you for your hugs 

@MDT thank you 

@Owlunar 

I just had a phone call from my GP. He was surprised how quick the hospital got me in. 
He knew I lost my job because I left a msg for him. I just sobbed and told him how scared I am. Too many What ifs. Can't find job. Can't pay our bills. Sell our home. Lose our hime. He told me to calm down. I then told him I don't have any hope and all I can do right now is think of each hour. He agreed and said just concentrate minute by minute. Don't worry he will write a letter to centrelink to exclude me looking for wirk. 
he said it sucks big time but he feels once I'm stronger in myself something bigger and better will come my way. 
I told him I hope so. He's given me courage to keep going. 

@BlueBay 

Hoping all goes ok for you.

We are here with you

💕💕💕

Hi my sister @BlueBay 

I am so proud of you going into hospital and looking after yourself. To me it seems unfair that you have been sacked from your job. Glad you have a supportive psych, have you seen her since you have been admitted into hospital? I truly hope the hospital stay is positive for you and remember we are here with you my sister. 

@BlueBay  Heart

Love you sis @oceangirl  I'm sorry I forgot to tag you xxxx

thanks for your support @Snowie  xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance