Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Everything music

Morning@Appleblossom

I'm still trying to figure out what you mean about the sound desk etc looking very familiar. Familiar to what??

@StuF In 1985 I was doing recording. Nothing well known.  Just familiar equipment. Then got sidetracked by a baby.  Somebody elses, but I did all the work from 6 weeks, then became a music teacher.  Somehow family went very pearshaped, but yesterday, I could explore possibilities, and what music meant to me, beyond my ex pushing me to earn more money and limiting music into my responsibilities to others.  I do not need to teach now, so it is interesting exploring what might have been, and also just enjoy different styles and how music has evolved.. I did not have time to get into music from a relaxation or recreational point of view.

Also having a conversation with @HenryX about spirituality ... and often music is a key part of people's spirit, whether or not it is in a sacred sense ...

or an energetic ... give it all ya got sense.

@Appleblossom 

Sad that you were restricted for so long, but stoked you now get the chance to explore. Music is So powerful. And yes, spiritual

Here's one of my go to tunes to get up and at 'em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo6UnKr6Bwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spNEINnhgt0 

For a change of scenery ... and style ... Ask the Leyland brothers

They were great @Appleblossom 

But gee the roadhouse was a bit lame!

First heard this when watching the first season of Virgin River on Netflix.  

Where it Stays - YouTube

Talking Heads Once In A Lifetime I have loved since way back then. The lyrics seem to have been prophetic for me....I am now living in a shotgun shack (long narrow rectangle)  after a stint of homelessness in 2020.

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime (Official Video) - YouTube

Disturbed's version of Sounds of Silence and the vocal range of David Draiman got me through 2020 

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence [Official Music Video] - YouTube

@Jo-anneJoy 

Talking Heads are an all time fave of mine...but Thank You- I don't think I'd ever seen that music video before! 🙂

And that Disturbed track works every time

Former-Member
Not applicable

@StuF when I was younger, I had a lot of CDS but now I use Apple Music to keep all my music.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member it's sad that I can't see photos, will never see them unfortunately, but yep if it has to do with music, it can definitely be posted here!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance