Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Homeless and scared

Moving today is exciting. Though waking up at 0230 was not part of the plan.

I'm looking at buying a house now. I received some compo from the government this week from when I was violently attacked and sexual assaulted. So I'm gonna use the money as a deposit. I never dreamed about buying but the way private rentals are here repayments on a loan are cheaper than rent. I just hope the bank gives me a loan because my only income is my DSP.

Sigh... adulting is hard

I hope you are travelling okay @The-red-centaur 

I also had to leave home, I couldn't handle my abusive mum anymore. I was lucky enough to get emergency housing for a week. That gave me time to work out the next step. I ended up borrowing my grandparents caravan and my partner and I at the time shared that. And then we ended up finding this really tiny and cheap rental.

Things will improve if you work at it. Now my current partner and I are in a house of our own. Your life will come together, you just need to get all of the help you can 🙂

Hello @The-red-centaur 

I'm so happy you got a place, onwards and upwards hunny.

Take care x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance