Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 Dimensions of Wellness

Yes @wellwellwellnez , @Scoo , @Historylover , @StuF , @MDT  their is a lot in environmental  wellness  inside and outside,  the house  , socially , etc like our gardens . Neighbourhood  , our  town's and cities 

I'm pretty lucky in my environmental wellness - I can afford to heat my place in winter and cool it in summer. I volunteer in my community, and during NAIDOC week I found out more about the traditional stories of the people whose Country I live on, one of which features a tree I have in my front yard, so that's a bit special. I'm looking forward to decorating my place a bit more, though, and hopefully the tomatoes I planted will grow soon. I'm also a bit lax when it comes to being organised, clean and tidy.

that is soo awesome @Gwynn , way to go my friend 

a tree to shade your place 

and to grow your own tomatoes Heart

i have planted succulents which are growing 

hey there @Historylover
Long time no see

I believe last time I saw you my name was probably @Hamsolo01 or similar lol

Good to see you

I believe being a regular somewhere is also nice

for me it is a local coffee shop @Shaz51

It's a bit of a daggy place but that's why I go there - nostalgia and attachment and they know who i am

Local coffee shop  is good @MDT 

@Faith-and-Hope  does this too 

Very Good Prompts & Reminders @Shaz51 

Sensor Lights are a Must in my Suburb.

They definitely work as a Deterrent to Burglars.

Burglar made sure he disabled my Sensor Light 1st, my climbing up onto Wheelie Bin & Pulling Light Globe out of Socket - Before breaking into my Car (in Carport).

Because obviously he or she did not wish to be seen doing it.

The Sensor Lights are Very Bright, & they're triggered my any movement in front of them.

My neighbour has installed a Camera - So that anyone who comes to her house gets to be on "Candid Camera" (Video).

After my house was thoroughly Burgled (they took everything), years ago - I had a House Alarm installed.

Thankfully I have not been Burgled again, since then.

Yes some Colour & new Furnishings would help - My Living Space is rather Bleak, with nothing very appealing to the eye.

More Decluttering is in order too....

Adge

@MDT- I know.  What prompted the change?  It's been ages, hasn't it?  Have you been OK?  

Which state are you in, @MDT, and are you travelling well with lockdown, life, work and study?

Good to see you too. 

For me, to have a productive environment for my mental health, I must have sound as the top priority before visual, touch, smell or taste.  I find my emotions connect with sound, such as music or birds, waves etc.  

When I was young, I used to run around in the local bush a lot, and I have fond memories of listening to the magpies sing, the crows yelling for mark or budgies chirping.  

I find visuals or smell at around the same level but i can tolerate a 70's kitchen if the music that gets my toes tapping is being played.  A lack of sound or industrial sounds like cars, machinery, planes or helicopters may not be in front of my brain, but I have recently discovered that this upsets my subconscious more and this leads to anxiety as my brain tries to cope with all these unnatural and disturbing sounds. 

I don't have many memories from being young around cooking so certain cooking smells don't put me at ease.. it definitely sound that centers me. 

I am in NSW @Historylover
in Sydney metro
I hate the lockdown but i see why we need to do it
Study started up again this week and it is really intense but I guess I just gotta roll with it

yeah name change just for something different lol

Overall I think I have been okay yeh thanks

IT's good to see you - how have you been ?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance