Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

nashy
Senior Contributor

Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 26th May, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: SANE Counsellor, Amour_Et_Psyché!

SaneForumsMayMindfulnessOnline.png

On the 26th of May, join us for our third live mindfulness session 😍 The 1.5 hour event kicks off at 7pm AEST and will be hosted by @nashy  and SANE Counsellor & Forums Moderator, @Amour_Et_Psyché!

Mindfulness practice helps people connect to what is happening in the moment. This reduces stress, making people feel calmer and allowing them to think more clearly🧘. Taking a few minutes out of your day to focus on your thoughts and surroundings can have really positive effects on your mental wellbeing.

If you’ve never tried meditation before, or you’d like to continue practicing, everyone is welcome! 7pm – 8.30pm right here in this thread!

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' (thumbs up) button below.

I'm new here - what is the event about?

This online shared event intends to bring together people living with complex mental health issues and their carers in an online setting, ensuring we are collaboratively allowing time for ourselves (and our minds) away from the stressors of our recovery journey. Check back soon for more info on the format!

How do I get involved?

Conscious Mindfulness takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put discussion points and questions out for you to consider, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

We'd encourage you to engage in this event on a desktop computer/laptop, as we need to refresh the browser page quite frequently, sometimes this can be tricky on mobile!

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEST- 7pm
  • ACDT- 6:30pm
  • ACST- 5:30pm
  • WST- 4pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

86 REPLIES 86

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 26th May, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: SANE Counsellor, Amour_Et_Psyché!

Welcome everyone to tonight’s Online Mindfulness Event! Tonight’s event will be text based, so everything will be run right here in this thread Smiley Very Happy Remember to refresh your browser every few minutes to see new posts, and be sure to hit reply to posts to get involved in the discussion too!  I would like to begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we gather on today across the country, and pay my respects to their Elders past and present. I extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples here today. 🖤💛❤️

A very special warm welcome to our guests who wanted a reminder of tonight’s event – @Former-Member @Rooibosrox  @MIM2 @Fee1 @Charliquinn @Mavis1 @Quaintrelle @KO64 @Jess007 @natureisnurture @Kritika @Mingurikulimpa @Not_so_sure @Cutri @Tepea_7 @Marshmello @Ruby4 @jallo @nightsky @Annie03 @purple5 @Shaz51 @S_4 @frog @Snowie @Mary03 @Former-Member @Silver1 @Maggie @NatureLover @Gwynn 

Whilst everyone settles in I wanted to introduce our wonderful guest @Amour_Et_Psyché  to tonight’s event. @Amour_Et_Psyché  is one of the SANE Help Centre phone counsellors, as well as one of our forum moderators! The SANE Help Centre provides counselling, support, information and referrals to adults who identify as having a complex mental health issue, complex trauma or high levels of psychological distress. SANE’s Help Centre also provides support to the family or friends who care about them.

If everyone could ensure they are in a quiet and safe space, and are ready to meditate that would be great Smiley Very Happy Heart  We will be sharing a link very soon to a meditation we will all be doing before the questions kick off.

Whilst I get this set up, our wonderful guest @Amour_Et_Psyché  will introduce herself...

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 26th May, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: SANE Counsellor, Amour_Et_Psyché!

Hi Everyone 😊

Welcome to tonight’s online Mindfulness Event! My name is Amour_Et_Psyché. I have been working at SANE Australia now for almost three years (you may have seen me on the SANE Forums across this time). I am especially passionate about mental health and fostering healthy relationships. During my free time, I love baking cakes, muffins and all sorts of desserts! I also love getting hooked into a good T.V. Drama series (currently, I’m watching “Switched at Birth” on Stan). An interesting fact about me is I used to sing in a Bicultural/Bilingual band.

Hi I am trying to join the session, I joined today. But I can't see how to access it, I don't have a computer, just an iPhone, thanks Lynny x

@Amour_Et_Psyché looking forward to this Man Happy

hi

my name is kritika. i am new here and online counselling is new for me.i read about this event and was intrested to attend as it is about mindfullness hoping that would help me get through my stress. i hear voices and trying to get hopeful about it that it stops one day. really excited to join this event

Hi @Lynnyloo we run the event right here in this web page, we will share the youtube meditation in a moment 🙂 You can still do it on your phone it just can be a bit trickier to refresh your browser on a small screen Heart We will post the meditation in a couple of minutes Smiley Very Happy

Welcome @Kritika thank you so much for joining! We hope our forum helps you, many of our community members also struggle with voices so there's definitely support here for you Heart Remember to keep refreshing the browser. I am about to post the video to our 6 minute meditation 🙂 

hi is there a link i need to click onto? thanks

Welcome @Lynnyloo@Kritika and @Former-Member Looking forward to meditating with you all! Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance