Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Webslinger101
New Contributor

What do I do?

So this covid situation is making my health anxiety go through the roof. As I'm sure it is to others. My parter is pregnant with our second child, her mum lives with us and she's in her 60s. I don't even get to isolate because somehow my job is deemed essential. So everyday I go to a job I hate, and my health anxiety gets worse along with the numbers on the news goin up everyday, because anyone in the place I work could bring in covid and then I could potentially give it to a loved one or even get sick myself. I try not to think about this but it's forced in our faces everyday. Even on that subject who do we believe anymore? I'm sure the media lies, but seriously what guidence do I believe. I need some normalcy and I'm having so much trouble keeping it together for my son and my pregnant parter. I'm losing hope. What do I do? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What do I do?

Hey @Webslinger101 and welcome to the SANE Forums!

I can hear that you, like so many others right now, are experiencing an increase in your anxiety due to the situation with COVID Smiley Sad It sounds so challenging to need to head into a workplace every day that you not only hate but that also exposes you. 

I know you feel you need to keep it together for your son and pregnant partner. Hopefully the forums is a place where you can be more vulnerable and find some good support here from other members. All I can say is that you are not alone with your worries. Hang in there. 

Re: What do I do?

Hi @Webslinger101 

Welcome to the forum - I am sure you will find some normalcy here even if it's just the new normal

Going to a job everyday when you hate it has to be horrible - and yet you have a job to support your little family - but it's you supporting everyone when you go out into the world with the coronavirus and the reminders are everywhere - we can't even go into a public building without being confronted by people waving thermometers and asking our details

I don't think the press is lying but I do think we are getting over-stimulated by the constancy of it. I have stopped taking in the news much now - I did in the beginning

Everyone is facing it in whatever way and we are all getting stress about it in different ways - not that this helps I am sure - but you are a brave man to go out everyday and support your family and I hear you - you hate the job that puts you into contact with the people who might have the virus

We do have quite a few men posting here -hopefully some of them will pick up the message

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance