Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

I feel like a Lazy Person but still doing what I can

Hi everyone yes I have a habit of being hard on myself but here goes some thoughts,I feel like a lazy person in general at the moment,also lack of routine as I am currently cooped up at home as many of you are,my routine has changed to where I sleep alot,eat alot,watch the olympics,drink coffee or alcohol,shower later in the day the past two days,up late at night thinking before doing pretty much the same thing the next day,have tried doing a bit of cooking but lack motivation to do excercise,get housework done a bit ,contact the few family who are talking ok with me at the moment and yeah not much else,I love music and would like to do something more creative but probly have limited myself,I really really should go for a walk though,the only times I get out the house lately is for appointments as my food shopping is done online,have thought of trying to get some new books to read or something creative for an escape would be nice,but then again I was trying to think positive in the shower before that maybe it could be a time of rest and recovery after the drama of seeing mental health support from doctor and meds from doctor anyway hheres hoping I have better outlets soon thanks for listening

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I feel like a Lazy Person but still doing what I can

You know what @LostAngel ?

Sometimes, it's just out bodies telling us we need to stop and consider self-care.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Plan these 'me' days in.

Take care my friend,

BPDSurvivor

I feel a bit the same way @LostAngel thinking of you.

Thanks @BPDSurvivor I needed to hear that too.

In so many ways, the body doesn't lie.

I'm trying to take a self care focus into my day.

Hi @LostAngel ,

How are you today? I've had a lazy day today. I'm just beginning to do some work now 🙂

I did however, enjoy a bit of a lie in. Now I have to stop feeling guilty about my lie-in and just get on with it, eh?

Hope you're well.

BPDSurvivor

Hi @frog !

Hi all Im trying ,Im trying to sing songs ,but looking back at my attemts at singing Ive got the look of someone whos lost their sense of confindence ,honestly today was all about me dwelling on things that yes I shouldnt be dwelling on ,but it felt like I had multiple people who know me giving me info that they see about myself this is family members mind you so some people where better than others I suppose also by some people in family it felt like whatever I do is wrong to them which yeah wasnt a good feeling where as some others where like everythings fine,I dont know its hard to find what the truth is,or to see what others feel when they either dont take me seriously or dont respond when Im trying to put myself out there to them I might have to ring the Sane phone number for support why do those people who are suposed to love you and accept you instead treat you as if your the person who needs to be sorry or isnt good enough,or your the one in the wrong wether you try to help yourself or not I dont know Im tired what can I do to show people something good about myself?

Oh I wish the SANE line was open over the weekend for you. Sounds like you have a lot on your mind. 

Relationships are difficult at times, that much is certain. But I hope you know that you don't have to prove yourself as being worthy of others' love - you are worthy simply because you are a human being. I mean, even just the fact that you are part of this community and supporting others tells me something very good about you. 

If you want to chat about this with someone sooner than calling the Help Centre on Monday you could always reach out to Friendline tomorrow (they're open till 8pm on Sundays), or if you need support tonight there's the crisis lines open 24/7. 

You're a valued and valuable member of this community and of this world @LostAngel, and that is true regardless of what anyone says Heart

that means alot @Jynx thank you Heart I am feeling a bit calmer at the momment Im not sure what will happen with these issues but I am feeling calmer so thank you ,Im watching a movie as a distraction,may also stay up to watch Olympics or listen to music,I am feeling calmer so should be able to sleep just need to self soothe and reasure myself for now but will definetly call crisis supports as needed Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance