Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: what to do when feeling Overwhelmed

“This too shall pass”---that is what my mum says @Sam3

I really miss my mum & dad (diagnosed with terminal cancers 6 weeks apart & died a year apart). Enjoy your mum @Shaz51. Is overthinking something others are challenged by? I was in that place earlier @Shaz51 & you really helped me. Now I’m off to the dinner table to have fish n chips with my lovely husband & mostly lovely kids! Talk soon 

@Sam3 my nan had terminal cancer and passed away 2 yrs ago so can understand that.
I overthink so much that when im not overthinking things it feels strange and usually shocks me.
enjoy dinner with your family.

how lovely @Sam3, enjoy my friend , how old are you children xx'

I have 4 step children who are all adults now Smiley Happy

Yes @Shaz51 I remember you mentioning your 4 step-children previously. Were you well organised & in a good routine with them? If so, I’m envious! Do you stay in touch with them much? I have a 9yo & 12yo, then the second eldest is nearly at the end of high school & the eldest is at uni. Both the older two are musical & compose music on the 🎹 a bit which is lovely for all of us. By the way I wouldn’t have had 4 kids if I’d known I’d become unwell, but luckily my husband is very easygoing & capable which hopefully offsets me! I used to be very energetic & social but evidently my underlying lack of self-confidence became more pronounced since the black 🐕 dog bit me & medics definitely slows me down. How is Mr Shaz going with the new medication? And how are you faring? 

Were you well organised & in a good routine with them?, ha ha no @Sam3 Smiley Very Happy

Do you stay in touch with them much?-- yes , once I got over the " I don`t need another mum" business , it is much better , the 4 of them have MI like their dad

and I did private chidcare for 25 years too , not now

day by day my friend

Still awake @Shaz51?! Wow that’s a big load with all 4 kids plus dad having MI. I think it’s irrefutable that in some individuals genetics does play a role. You’ve evidently done an incredible job being a step-mother, worker, partner, carer etc etc & having your own health issues - all power to you @Shaz51

Hello @Shaz51@outlander@Determined@Smc@Former-Member 

Is anybody still awake?! I’m only just keeping it together with respect to redundancy, job applications, new physical health diagnosis & overthinking brain. I guess I just need to go moment-by-moment rather than day-by-day but it’s taking a lot of energy to live with this ruminative monster of a 🧠 brain. It’s important to add I did notice some lovely moments this weekend & I’m genuinely grateful for lots of things (but do feel guilty I’m not a better mother, wife, friend ......). Anybody got any tips for getting sane for someone who does little due to not being practical & to getting overwhelmed in the context of an overthinking anxious brain? Thanks in anticipation.

Hi @Sam3. Looks like you missed everyone last night. Smiley Frustrated

How are you this morning?

Hang in there @Sam3. I hope the day at work goes well enough for you.
Sometimes "normal" seems a bit of a distant memory here too. Family and friends who can "hold the fort" and stick around until the bad spots pass are so valuable.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance